Bathhouse Pricing

45 minutes from $49pp | 90 minutes from $79pp
Monday – Thursday 90 minutes from $52pp

Casual session from $35

Contact us and a Native State wellness consultant will be in touch shortly. We look forward helping you achieve the positive transformation you’ve always envisioned.

Traditional vs. Infrared – What’s the difference?

2 minute read ↓

Native State

Nothing compares to a sweaty sauna session. You emerge feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, the heat soothing sore muscles and enhancing your overall health and wellness.

If you’ve only tried a traditional sauna and you struggle with the higher temperatures – Infrared saunas could be for you. Infrared offers a lower temperature alternative, so you can get your sweat on at a more comfortable level.

Traditional vs Infrared

Where a traditional sauna heats the air, Infrared saunas use lamps that omit electromagnetic light to warm your body from the inside, out.

Infrared saunas sit at a lower temperature of 70 degrees, while traditional saunas warm up to 82 degrees. The way Infrared works 20 per cent of heat goes into the air, while the other 80 per cent goes directly into heating your body – so you can enjoy the warming sensation longer than in a traditional sauna.

Despite the different technology, the benefits are similar to a traditional sauna. Both deliver better sleep, relaxation, detoxification, relief from sore muscles and joint pain, clear and tighter skin, and improved circulation.

How does it actually work?

Infrared uses near, mid and far-infrared waves which deeply penetrate the skin, muscles, joints and tissues to improve blood circulation, oxygen flow, and help detoxify the body by removing impurities at the cellular level.

Our Infrared sauna is also equipped with Red Light Therapy to utilise low-level laser light to safely penetrate deep into the body in order to stimulate your body’s cells.

While research in chromotherapy is still evolving, it is an age-old concept and it’s based on different colours contributing to physical wellbeing. For example, red is known for its potential analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, yellow and green may have immune-boosting properties, blue light therapy has been shown to help reduce acne-causing bacteria. All colours can be accessed in our clinical-grade Infrared Sauna.

How to use

  • Duration – At Native State, all our bathhouse guests have access to a range of hot and cold options, and we recommend enjoying the Infrared for 5 – 15 minutes
  • Dry off –  Infrared Saunas are intended to be used while completely dry
  • Drink water – make sure you hydrate before and after using the sauna
  • After the session is over – be sure to cool down slowly. Ideally with a cold shower, before taking a dip in the cold plunge
  • Sessions per week – To start off we recommend 3 to 4 times a week. Once you have built your tolerance, you can introduce daily sessions.

Infrared saunas can be used as part of a contrast therapy session, or on its own. To read more about the benefits of contrast therapy, click here.